Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Greatest Nation in the World...

Dad and I just got back from Colorado. We flew out to get my things gathered up and stuffed in a u-haul! Before we left, we stopped in Colorado Springs to see some friends. Wednesday the 27th we experienced the most exhilarating demonstration of patriotism...ever! We went to the United States Air Force Academy Graduation where our friend Brad Chronister received his Bachelor’s Degree in Aeronautical Engineering. Wow! Can you imagine how great of an honor it was to be sitting in the same stadium as some of the most brilliant minds of my generation?!

From the marching in of the newly commissioned lieutenants to the encouraging address given by the Vice President, the day was a display of the bright future of this great country I am so privileged to call home. Words cannot describe the overwhelming sense of respect I have for those men and women who will soon lead our nation. God gave each of them a unique gift that will be used to defend our homeland! I tip my hat to these amazing people and wish them the best of luck as we send them into an uncertain future. In the meantime, we will all continue to keep them lifted up as they embark on the next big step in life....being grown up! I can definitely attest to the fear they will feel in the coming months!

No comments:

Post a Comment